RESPECT...I really am so surprised, maybe shocked is a better word, at how little people show respect to others. Everyone talks about how they want to be respected, but if you, yourself won't show respect, how do you expect it to come your way. Like most things, respect is a two way street. I don't know, maybe I was raised differently, but I was taught to be respectful of other, to think how I would want to be treated, and treat others the way I would want to be treated.
I can't believe the things I have heard some women say about their husbands not respecting them, when most of what they are saying and how they are acting is not respecting their husbands. One time this woman went to far as saying cause my husband didn't get me the gifts I like, I decided to make a list and go make him get it for me.
It is true in Islam, the husband is financially responsible for the wife and family, but that does not mean you can go about spending all the money any which way you would like. Respect that he has worked hard for the money, and as long as your basic needs are taking care of be thankful. Then if you feel you would like something more, speak politely with your husband, and you may be surprised that he will more then willing get it for you. He might even surprise you with it as a gift in the future. It is much better to be respectful, rather than being demanding!
In Islam, everyone has rights, and we all have the right to be respected, but in the same time we need to remember that others have rights, too.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment