Monday, November 8, 2010

Hateful People!

Tonight I went to sign my kids up for basketball, there is a lady that works for the city that just plain hates me. I am almost positive why, it's because I am Muslim. She never had an issue with me until I converted and I started wearing the hijab. Which I have discovered seems to be what most people hate about Islam. They feel I am being forced to wear it, even my own relatives believe this, no matter how many times I tell them that it is my choice. I don't go around telling you to cover, because I don't want to see your cleavage, or your booty, so why must people tell me that I have to take a piece of cloth off my head!?!
Back to this lady, the moment I opened the door, she looked up, her whole face changed, and hung low and swung just a little. I mean come on, it was almost like a big flashing billboard saying, "I HATE YOU!".  It makes me so uncomfortable, I just try to ignore it, breathe, and know I am doing this not to please anyone, but to please my Lord! I just can't believe some people in this world do not have the decency to respect another human being. Is it really so much fun to live in a world of so much hate? I mean, come on now, we are all human!


Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor helper against Allah.  
Chapter 2. Al-Baqara vs. 120

No comments: